On 17 June 2021, the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism (ICCT) hosted the final online ICCT Book Presentation to present Part V of the Handbook of Terrorism Prevention and Preparedness: Preparedness and Consequence Management.
The Handbook aims to be an authoritative resource on anticipatory counter-terrorism and features contributions from 40 experts in the field. The editor, Prof. em. Schmid, former Officer-in-Charge of the UN Terrorism Prevention Branch in Vienna, and a Research Fellow of ICCT, discussed Part III of the Handbook with his fellow authors.
- Juan Merizalde, John D. Colautti and James J. F. Forest — Chapter 31: Prevention of Public Panic in the Wake of Terrorist Incidents
- Richard J. Chasdi — Chapter 32: Prevention of Major Economic Disruptions Following Acts of Terrorism – The Case of the Bali Bombings of 2002 and 2005
- Marie Robin — Chapter 33: Prevention of Revenge Acts and Vigilantism in Response to Acts and Campaigns of Terrorism
- Tom Parker — Chapter 34: Prevention of Human Rights Violations and Violations of International Humanitarian Law while Fighting Terrorism
- Alex P. Schmid — Chapter 35: Terrorism Prevention – The UN Plan of Action (2015) and Beyond